A versatile HD/MHD code that runs on clusters of CPUs or GPUs, with special emphasis on protoplanetary disks.
FARGO3D is the successor of the FARGO code, which you can still find in the legacy part of this site. The main features of FARGO3D are:
- Cartesian, cylindrical or spherical geometry
- 1-, 2- or 3-dimensional calculations
- Orbital advection (aka FARGO) for HD and MHD calculations
- As in FARGO, a simple Runge-Kutta N-body solver may be used to describe the orbital evolution of embedded point-like objects
- No need to know CUDA: you can develop new functions in C and have them translated to CUDA automatically to run on GPUs